Monday, November 28, 2005

Knitted, Felted, Drying and Needs a Zipper


This little bag was knitted from this and that found in my stash, and then I felted it last night, and it continues to dry today! The idea/pattern is the Felted Stash Bag came from the infamous Weekend Knitting book. It measures exactly as the pattern said it would, 10" x 6" and is the perfect size for a gift! Once it is dry, I will put a zipper across the top--I have already started the 2nd of these!
As an aside, I used a variety of different wools; if you look closely, one of the orange striped--Mission Falls wool--didn't felt AT ALL. . . what is up with that?

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I want to see this bag! you've been really busy, too!

11/28/2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice! Even though the orange didn't felt (?? I thought only white was the problem) I think the stitch defination is a good contrast with the felted parts. Was it really a quick knit? zknitter

11/28/2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger MissyJoon said...

Mystery solved: mission falls is super washed (I didn't know that!), so it won't felt. It WAS a quick knit, 90 stitches, and 56 rounds later you're finished. The photo in the book makes the bag look far more involved then it is--I started another in all blues. . . if I don't get totally bored this might be my gift for my dearest friends (because I only knit for people I love xoxo).

11/28/2005 10:20 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Super sweet! I love the colors, and am always impressed with eyelash used in felted projects. What a lovely little bag!

11/29/2005 12:52 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Melissa, I can't see it. Send me a pic!

11/29/2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home