Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'll have another . . . skein, that is


The malabrigo-streakers shrug is wrought with drama: I began by casting-on for the smaller size, and then got nervous about the size (what's new? I am always fretting over the size) so I decided to add a little, by using the larger increase directions, hoping (praying) that it would make-up for any skimpiness which might occur with the smaller size (I think I am in-between the sizes).

Ten inches into the sleeve, my panic attack has moved from "Will this fit" to "I don'’t think I have enough yarn!" I am going to start the third skein (remember I ordered only 3), and If my calculations are correct--I'll finish the shrug without a problem, but there won't be enough for the lovely little cuffs. ugh.

But in comes Carla, at www.chezcas.com, with only 2 skeins of water green left, one of which she is shipping out today. Hootsister--I wasn't sure if you ordered from there, but if you did, snap up that last skein . . . just in case.

Whew--I'll definitely have enough yarn. Back to our regularly scheduled anxiety attack: what if it doesn't fit?

PS: Always have loved Knit and Tonic's Somewhat Cowl, but thought I was way too full-busted. I came upon savahannahchik's cowl, with her modifications--now I want to knit it---but what yarn? hmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home