Saturday, March 31, 2007

Shoes, Luck and a spring scarf


I just finished Alexander McCall’s latest installment of The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Blue Shoes and Happiness. This gentle, lovely series of stories (this was number 7) is such a charming, quick read, filled with lots of African details and purls of wisdom from one of my favorite chararcters, Mma Ramotswe. While I have read each of the books in the series, if you haven’t, you could easily pick up with this book.

Spring Reading Thing recap: 2 of 5



The Joy Luck Club is next on the pile. Funny, but when this book was first published, I picked it up and promplty put it back down--didn’t like it. But now 20 years later, with a far stronger apppreciation for cultures, mothers, daughters and families, I am captivated within the first 30 pages.

And finally, as if there isn’t enough knitting to do, I spotted this . . .

and then rifled through the stash to dig out some cotton fleece in caribbean blue.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I have the movie version of the Joy Luck Club on tape, I wish you lived closer so we could have a movie and knitting night after we finish the book!!! I can't wait to re-read it, I love books about Asian culture. I can't wait to see your scarf, it's such a pretty pattern. Did you cast on yet?

3/31/2007 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home