Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March Monkeys and Assassins

My March socks are finished, and can you imagine it is not the 31st? This pattern was an absolute delight---and I loved the yarn . . .

Cookie’s Monkey Socks Pattern
Knitty
Mama-E’s nara-gansett yarn
size 1 bamboos

I am thinking of packing these away in the cedar closet, to be saved for a Christmas present--this is a shocking thought for me, as I am usually not planning ahead like this!

In other news, I finished Margaret Atwood’s The Blind Assassin. While I was a bit confused in the beginning, I am so happy I stuck with it because it was quite a read! I feel like the 3-part story--Iris’s, the novel, and the documents weave such a fabulous tangled web of secrets, it is hard to decide who to believe, and how, exactly Iris navigated through her life.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Your socks are awesome - I love the way the colors blended so nicely. Mine is knitting in more of a chunky, stripey style. Very generous of you to tuck them away for a Christmas present - I'd want to put them on right away. LOL Thanks for the review of Blind Assassin. I haven't picked it up in a couple of weeks, but I'll have to pull it out and finish reading it. Kisses!!!

3/28/2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Those socks are gorgeous! I can only dream that someday I will be able to create something like that!

3/28/2007 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home