Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!


I got my free iced coffee (thank you, Dunkin Donuts) and the kids got their happy-spring- ice (thank you, Rita's!) so the first full day of spring is hopping right along. I wish I could say the same for my knitting. I am hopping through patterns, and making wish lists and knit to-do lists like a mad woman, but I can’t seem to get anywhere on any of my three socks. On top of that, I have some other things I want to yank out and finish (clapotis, sitcom chic) and more things to knit. As I was surfing the blogs, I saw a kal proposing 52 socks in 52 weeks---eeeeeeek! How does that happen? Tell me how that works in one’s life?!!?!?!

To celebrate spring, and my other passion, I have joined-up with the Spring Reading Thing. This, I am sure, is going to go much better than my feeble attempt at the Winter Classics Challenge (what was I reading, and why wasn’t I successful?!!?!). Between today, and June 21st, I am planning to read (at least) the following selections:

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (March’s KTC novel)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan(April’s KTC novel)
Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall
Ahab’s Wife by Sena J. Neslund (the last of my 3 Chunkster Challenge books)
Fever 1794 by Laurie Halse Anderson(my daughter said it was terrific!)

Whew--knit, read, read, knit. I love my life!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I loved Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson!

3/21/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hurray for Spring!! Sounds like you did the first day up in style. 52 socks in 52 weeks?? Madness - unless they are baby socks.

3/21/2007 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, I had my free iced coffee today too! You'll have to let me know how Blue Shoes & Happiness and Fever 1794 are, I've heard great things about them. Good luck with reading & knitting! =)

3/22/2007 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to read the Joy LUck Club...let me know what you think of it.

3/22/2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thanks for being part of the Spring Reading Thing! Enjoy your books!

3/22/2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

52 socks in 52 weeks is just insane. I can't imagine anyone actually being able to do it. Yikes!

3/22/2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

My daughter loved Fever 1794, too. Sounds like you've got a good list there!
And I can't wait to check out more of your blog...I'm just teaching myself to knit, and love looking at what other people can do! (Even though I know that I will probably never be able to.)
Anyway, happy knitting...happy reading...and happy spring!

3/22/2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to have to look into that Fever book.

I was so happy when my friend told me about the free coffee too.

3/22/2007 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the reading challenge too so I wanted to check by and peek at your list. :)

Sounds like some good reading awaits -- enjoy!

3/24/2007 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home