Monday, March 26, 2007

Once Upon a Time

This year, I feel like I got a hold of my knitting life . . . more or less. Instead of joining, and swapping and acting like an out-of-control-I-can-knit-everything-I-love person, I have limited my goals to 1 sweater a season, 1 sock-a-month and a few other fun things which may stray in my path. Manageable and successful!

Now, I have said, dozens of times, there will never be enough yarn, books and time to knit and read. And I have joined, yet another reading challenge. But before you (or I!) roll my eyes and say, “another?” let’s just think of these book challenges as a way to broaden my repetoire of reading: classics, chunksters, spring-selections and now the Once Upon a Time challenge . . .


Book selections must be from the genres of Mythology, Folklore, Fairytale and Fantasy, as organized by Carl over at Stainless Steel Droppings. If not for this challenge, I might not of focused on these selections from now until June 21st----

1. Tales from the 1001 Nights translated by Sir Richard Burton

2. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle

3. Aesop’s Fables Selections: at least 5

4. Grimm’s Fairytales Selections: at least 5

Add this to the Spring Reading Thing Challenge, and it ends up being 7 novels, and 10 short stories in 3 months + some knitting, taxi services to and from soccer, hockey, birthday parties, sleepovers, a cooked dinner or two, Easter, end-of-school activities . . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Sounds like some good reading! (Just read A Wrinkle in Time as one of our literature selections for my daughter's homeschooling.) Maybe I should check this challenge out...heaven knows I could stand to add some variety to my reading.

3/27/2007 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home