Monday, June 04, 2007

Tormented Sock Knitter


When I got my Favorite Socks Book, I told Karen I was going to knit every sock pattern featured, and I meant it. To date, I haven’t knitted one pair from the book. So I thought it was time to get started, and I chose Meida. I used the periwinkle Lorna’s Laces, and cast-on: knit, knit, tink, tink, frog, reknit---and repeated this process at least half a dozen times. Finally, after 3 days of this nonsense, I frogged, re-balled the yarn, and put it in the basket. I cast-on for a quick-fix---a pair of footies for the tennis court. I figured I needed a quick success to get me up for the Meida challenge. I can’t really say I used a pattern--I just knitted, ad figured it out as I went. And then, last night, without giving it much thought, I grabbed my skein of Tofutsies, and started Anne Budd's Seduction Socks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

They are both so pretty! I know why the Favorite Socks didn't work out - you were waiting for Amazon to deliver the copy my mom bought for my birthday!! It's here - so we can knit all the socks together. :)

6/06/2007 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home