Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Booking Through Tuesday

What is this?

This is the summer book basket. I decided that I was going to collect (read: buy, pull off our bookshelves) all of the books that would be both enriching and interesting for my 2 children. There are things in the basket that we own, but neither of them have had the chance to read (Eragon, The Hobbit). There are new books which I have bought knowing they would really love (Tangerine, Speak) them, and there are some classics (The Diary of Ann Frank, Call of the Wild) which, unless I beg and barter, neither of them would pick. The summer book basket is the WOW! LOOK AT THIS, THERE’S SO MANY INTERESTING BOOKS WHERE DO I BEGIN, IT IS LIKE A BOOKSTORE RIGHT IN OUR FAMILY ROOM container.

My Personal Summer Reading Goals, for this year’s Summer Reading Challenge:
1. Read 25 books
2. Read (and attempt to enjoy!) Don Quixote

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger amandazen said...

Wow! You have some awesome goals!! I am sure you will like some of Don Quixote, it is hard not to like parts of it. I love the little basket you put your books in, I might have to borrow the idea for my summer books.

Happy Reading!
Amanda

5/22/2007 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home