Monday, August 20, 2007

Finish . . . and start

Well, it certainly took me long enough. These were fun and interesting and look far more impressive (and difficult) than they were to knit. The fans are knit flat, and it is only the cuff and thumb that are knitted in the round. I knit the pattern as written, with the only change being the cuff: I did a k3, p2 rib instead of the k2, p2 stated.

chocolate covered cherries--a pair
Fanning the Flame Mittens
Brooklyn Handspun--chocolate covered cherries
size 1 bamboos

So in the continuing "itch" for fall, we now have mittens. And the itch continues. Last night, with a bit of unexpected time on my hands, I dug through my stash and cast-on for IK's Brioche Gaiter (appearing in last year's Holiday Knits issue). This is Blue Sky Alpacas in petal pink. I think it is a perfect gift!


Okay, and if that isn't enough, here's the beginning of another pair of mittens: same pattern, on Opal Magic . . . sort of reminds me of Halloween!




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Your mittens came out so cute!!! And I love that yarn - it's what you used for my sock blocker key chain too. ;) The Gaiter is so pretty too. I'm going to have to check that pattern out.

8/21/2007 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home