Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Am I Gold Medal Material?!


Stephanie, The Yarn Harlot, has hatched this ingenious idea to have a Knitting Olympics, where you cast on the day the Olympics begins, and finish up by the time the torch is extinguished! Can I earn a gold medal? I guess, I am going to find out! But I have to pick a project--my thoughts so far:
1. Lady Eleanor in Noro--it is beautiful and I would learn entralec.
2. Flower Basket Shawl in alpaca--started, abandoned want so bad to finish but fear I am flower basket impaired.
3. Nicky Epstein Floral Purse in Knitpicks--have the yarn, planning to work on it anyway . . . But I know I will get this finished sometime!
4. Man’s cashmere sweater--want to, haven’t, should I? Nobody’s banging down the door for this one, but it would be a lovely surprise!
Any of these will bea stretch to finish in that short period of time . . . what should I do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Entrelac is easy once you see how it works. Goes fast too. If you have someone to show you how to do that I would go for that. It has the least finishing too.

I'm trying to decide if I can make the commitment to join the olympics....

1/17/2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home