Friday, January 20, 2006

I-Cords and Noro


Well, I finished the garter band known as section 12, and had an i-cord fit upon knitting the first i-cord. The pattern calls for 1-stranded cords knitted on size 2's--the result looking thin and scrawny. After complaining, debating, knitting, frogging and complaining some more, I decided to knit all of the i-cords for this section with 2 strands. The result is much nicer, I think, even though I am only on my 3rd. I am going to work on section 13 while also finishing off the i-cords.
In Lady E. news, I continue to be plagued with decisions: which Noro yarn, where should I get it, is there a better price somewhere and what colourway. After all this, I am thinking the knitting will be easy!!!!!
Besides the Knitting Olympics deadline, I have some other self-imposed time frames--I was hoping to wear Color on Color when I take my Azizam to the airport on the 16th and wear Lady E. to pick him up on the 28th.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Have you tried Yarnbow and Yarnella on Ebay? They have full bags of Noro for pretty cheap.

1/20/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I love this scarf. It looks fascinating and sounds difficult. You will have a real work of art when you are done!

1/20/2006 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home