Monday, November 13, 2006

A Jawbreaking Fix

I found this yarn at the AC Moore Midnight Madness Sale last night, marked down as a clearance item, and then an additional 25% discount, so after careful consideration, I decided: why not? I had the Jawbreaker Cardigan in mind (winter, Interweave Knits), and decided to cast-on for a sleeve and see what I thought.


Working on 10.5 addis certainly yields some quick results! My gauge is dead-on, and while this stuff is a bit rough feeling, it knits up really nicely! I am hoping that the cardigan's appeal is mostly due to the design, and not the fabulous yarn and color (the color of the yarn above is lavender, purple and grey--no way to know from the photo, huh?!) used in the magazine photo . . . and knitting with thicker yarn is a welcomed change from the sock yarn on size 1 doublepoints.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ooooh, I love it!!! The yarn looks really pretty, even if the colors don't show up so well in the picture. Sounds like you got a really great deal on it too.

11/14/2006 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home