Saturday, October 21, 2006

LONG Socks

With little over a week left of Socktoberfest, I decided that there should be one new, spiffy project in celebration of socks! My month was supposed to be all about finishing up socks--and I have (but I still have 2 single socks to go!), and then I couldn't resist . . .


I bought Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, because I decided that my daughter needed navy knee highs to wear with her uniform. This was after my son found Karen's Sugar Free Socks (knit in cashmerino) plopped them on his feet (were they for him?!) and has been wearing them to school with his uniform (he asked for me to knit a second pair!!!). So here's the start of Over the Knee Socks from Handknit Holiday Knits--


I loved these socks the first time I saw them in the book, and I love the pattern so far. My photo just doesn't do it justice!

Still on the needles--harvest sock pal sock + bamboo sock . . . by the end of the month!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I have to give you credit for doing knee highs - you have all my admiration. I don't think I'll ever have it in me to try somethign like that. Two more socks to finish by the end of the month. I think you can do it. I feel like such a Socktoberfest drop-out . . . I'd better get my butt in gear and work on some more socks. Today all I knit was Clapotis - I blame that one on you. LOL

10/22/2006 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The over the knee pattern is great isn't it? I bought the book last week just for this project but I've yet to cast on. Good luck with them. Nicki

10/30/2006 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home