Monday, October 23, 2006

Au Revoir, Clapotis


I loved the colors (Even though I ordered tourmeline, and it ended up being pretty in pink), I loved the pattern (who would have known that dropping stitches could be so lovely?), I was completely confident that I had plenty of yarn (I ordered 30 additional yards, just in case!) and yet, it isn’t going to be . . . at least not with this yarn, and this colourway . . . probably too difficult to match it with another skein. I’ll reknit clapotis (it was fun and looks terrific!) when Mama-E sends me a different colourway (1,400 yards!) and as soon as I stop sobbing. Next time you see this, it will be re-wound back into a ball . . . destiny unknown.

6 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, NO! The curse of the Clapotis--to not have enough yarn. I have heard you're definitely not the first. :(

10/23/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh nooooooooooo! That sucks!

10/23/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Au revoir,petit Clapotis. I am now quite sure they have revised the pattern to call for more yarn. I know it used to say 3 skeins, correct? It always hurts so much to frog though. :(

10/23/2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well - don't give up on the yarn - it's beautiful!

10/24/2006 3:53 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Once again, "The Clap" has lived up to it's name. That color is super pretty, I can't wait to see what it's finally going to be!

10/24/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never fear... yarn is on the way! Who knew the original pattern was revised to call for more yarn? NOt me!

10/28/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home