Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Self-Inflicted

I really meant what I said about knitting for Christmas, several posts ago: nuh-uh, no-way. I knit for people I love (you know if you fall into this category), and I give it to them as soon as I am finished, holiday or not. I hated last year’s pressure of knitting for a deadline, and feeling behind the 8-ball on yet another aspect of the holidays.

And then I started knitting the CalaLilly pattern with Scout’s yarn, and I thought: I could whip up socks for everyone. Scout was ever so happy to dye yarn for me in the Eagles colourway, which will make a perfect pair of “Go Eagles!” socks for my-son-the-Eagles-fan.


Well then, that could go in his stocking, but my daughter . . . she should have a pair, too (like she doesn’t have enough knitted socks!). Enter Scout, AGAIN: “oh, allow ME to dye her something special in her current favorite colors” (which I certainly hope will not change between now and Christmas!):


Aren't these skeins of yarns just the best! Thanks, Scout!

Hmmm . . .
Cala Lily’s + Go Eagle’s + Big Girls' Colors . . . I need a pair of footies for my mother-in-law (unless I get mad at her!) and 2 men’s socks and that’ll do it. Pass me the doublepoints, I am feeling a little pressured.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Hey that matches that cup perfectly!

11/14/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What awesome yarns . . . I just love Scout!! That's a lot of socks between now and Christmas. I had to snicker a little at the MIL part - is it January yet?

11/14/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home