Sunday, November 19, 2006

Two hearts in less than two hours

Fun, quick, easy--now that is just what I needed. I whipped this up in between soccer games, a bit of shopping, and just the general "It is Saturday, we have tons of things to do" stuff.
Larissa's writing a book, and this was a pattern for test-knitting. Her pattern calls for Brown Sheep bulky, but a trip to the lys, yielded a "We're closed, today and tomorrow" sign (I think lys should be open 24 hours!), so I dug into the stash (not such a bad thing) and came up with 2 skeins of Mauch Chunky in walnut. Perfect. I had been saving for a pair of felted clogs (I am so over that) and, I finished this in less than 2 hours. I bought the abolene hearts buttons long ago, but could never figure out what to use them for, so they ended up here, stitched on with some left over Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. While the pattern is called meathead, I would call this hat two hearts are better than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home