Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Rule of Three

There were the 3 bears, the 3 little pigs, 3 blind mice, 3 wise men, and the 3 socks. In my most humble opinion, it is a really good thing to have 3 socks going at the same time.

Sock #1--The Go-to-Sock
The Go-to-Sock is the sock that goes, with me anywhere, because I can knit a few stitches, a round, or 2 and stop anywhere (except perhaps the middle of the heel!), and conversely, pick it back up anytime without fear of having lost my place. The real Go-to-Sock is the one that I don't even need to have the pattern with me (except, for the heel!). Roza is my Go-to Sock (btw, Roza is one of those girls who looks for more beautiful in person, than in photos . . . unless of course she is being photographed for Interweave Knits!).

Sock #2--The Theme-Sock
This is a new addition in my rotation, and I have come to appreciate it so very much. The Theme-Sock only gets attention during a specific time of the week--in this case, while watching American Idol. I have been true to my pact with Karen, knitting only while watching the show, and then putting it away until the next installment. I am a bit impressed with the success by which this plan is working: I feel like it is easy to measure progress and I don't ever wonder if I should work on it, because I only do during American Idol. The Rock Star Socks are my theme- socks (btw: this yarn is fabulous!).

Sock #3--The Happy-Sock
The Happy-Sock is the sock I am smitten with at the moment. It could be that I am surprised with myself for being able to knit a particular pattern, in love with the yarn, or impressed with the yarn pattern combination. In any event this sock usually is a bit more complicated, and doesn't travel well; ie, I need to be thinking when I knit it, despite my adoration for it. The Pink Monkeys turned Blue, are my Happy Socks (btw: I am ready to turn the heel!).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Yes, three pairs of socks are always the perfect amount to have on the needles. Okay, well, I'm just saying that because that's how many pairs I have going. Okay, officially my Rock Socks are FROGGED, but I'm restarting on Tuesday, so they still count. :) I'm so jealous of how pretty and how almost done your Rock Sock is!!!

3/10/2007 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home