Monday, April 09, 2007

Roza, Roza, Roza + The Road

I turned the heel on Roza, and knit diligently on the foot, thinking that over Easter vacation I would be able to finish sock 1. Round about this point, I thought I would try it on . . .

and it didn't fit. I don't have gi-normous feet, I have failry small ankles (the smallest part of me!) and I got the sock on, but it was tight. What the @$%##???? Not only was it tight, but there was absolutely no give to the sock. And then on top of it all, as I am tugging it off, I popped a stitch. So I did what any self-respecting sock knitter with a stash she should inventory, but won't would do: I wound an apricot skein of Lorna's Laces and cast-on using size 1's. What a difference . . .
For whatever reason, the apricot color seems to knit prettier than the perriwinkle! It killed me to re-start, but it looks so much better. So the perriwinkle sock is awaiting a frogging!

I finished The Road, Oprah's new reading group pick---as I started it, I wasn't quite sure it would be the book for me, but I am so glad I stuck with it. It was a fabulous narrative of survival, love, despair and hope between a boy and his father.
Spring Reading Thing recap: 4/5 (but this book wasn't on my original list!!!)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You know, I think I like the Apricot color better to. Much more feminine and spring-like!! It sure does hurt to frog, but only for a moment. Then you forget all about it and are dazzled by your new, prettier sock!!

4/10/2007 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home