Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Do read

I have read 2 fabulous books----

The Reluctant Fundalmentalist, is a narrative which is a quick read, but will leave a deep impression. Had Barnes and Noble not had this as a featured book 2 weeks ago (along with a nifty little coupon to accompany the member's discount), I am not sure I would have take notice of this book--and I am glad I did. I felt like I had a small window into the life of someone who was in need of a friend. This was a weekend read, and the weekend was all the better for it!


Ahab's Wife was utterly stunning--I am so happy to have read this book. This is the story of Una Spencer, Captain Ahab's (from Moby Dick) wife. She is a strong, passionate woman who survives many tragedies, and is a better woman because of each of her life experiences. Una is a beautiful heroine, and her love affair with Ahab is one not to forget.

As for the 665 pages, it was a pleasure, not a burden. And this book is the 3rd out of 3 selections (Woman in White + The Book Thief) for the Chunkster Challenge!


Both of these books are additions to my Spring Reading Challenge selections. Now if I could only get myself in motion to finish a pair of socks by the end of the month I would be 3 for 3 on the sock-a-month plan!!!!! More on that knitting plan when we chat next time!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bookfool said...

I think my son mentioned wanting to read The Reluctant Fundamentalist. I'll have to ask him. I wish I could knit the way you do (probably ought to at least try to cast on). :)

Thanks for checking in on the Chunkster Challenge. Way to go! Congrats on finishing! Wasn't The Book Thief fabulous?

4/27/2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

MissyJoon,

You are one of the winners of my Chunkster Challenge Check-in drawing. Please email your address to me at bookfoolery@yahoo.com and I'll get that bookmark sent to you. :)

5/04/2007 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home