Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So long, Sideways 0_0

I was so psyched to knit those sidewinders, let me tell you. But with only a quarter of the sock until seaming, I frogged. Yes-sir-eee . . . rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. There was just too much disatisfaction.
  1. I hated the needle I was using---a cheapie circular, which I couldn't slip any of the stitches over the cable joint. Makes for laborious knitting.
  2. I loved the whole process and pattern, watching the sock construction emerge. I hated the way my increases and decreases looked. And no matter what I did, they didn't look better.
  3. I was always a stitch or 2 off, and I have no idea why.
  4. I loved the yarn, and kept having this nagging thought--I could be doing a better job with this yarn.
I think that when your level of disatisfaction gets to 3, it is time to rethink. And I don't always abandon, however with so many other good things to knit, this needed to go to the pond. Riiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wwwwaaaaa. Sounds like it was for the best though.

6/28/2007 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you've just got to let them go. Mind you, I didn't toss my pair of Norwegian socks that weren't working out for eight years - but I had to eventually.

There are beads in that mystery stole? Darn! But alas.

7/10/2007 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home