Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wait . . . I'll think of something clever!

Sadly, there is no clever excuse for not posting. One day has zoomed by to another and whoosh! A whole week goes by. During this non-blogging time, I have found dozens of things to add to the knit-list--in fact I have spent more time finding things to knit, and less time actually knitting! I'll have to think about a clever excuse for that, as well!

I feel like each of my projects torments me with some issue. It feels like it has been a while since I was working on something that was "just right" as I worked through it. Perhaps the real issue is that I have been a bit busy lately and have less patience for the normal ups-and-downs of knitting. Here we go:

1. I resurrected Poppy. We had a snap of cold weather last week, and that was just enough inspiration to dig it out, and get busy. I finally finished the bottom on Wednesday, so I was on a roll. I decided to knit the sleeves next, mostly because I wanted some instant success, and I felt like the top of the sweater might require a little bit more of me. After rummaging through 500 doublepoints, I discovered that somehow I have many, many needles but no size 8s. The sleeve had to wait until Thursday, when I ran to the lys for doublepoints (and a skein of cotton fleece in black, which they didn't have--for a hat and mitten set, more on that later----ugh!). With needles in hand, I cast-on and I am back on track.


2. I started the Anemoi Mittens. Let's just attribute this to the cold weather snap, too. I visited a new yarn shop about 25 minutes away--small, cute, very limited hours--and came away with the yarn for the mittens. Regia Silk and Regia Tweed. In the store I thought this would be perfect, and I still do. But . . . first off, I was/am worried that the mittens are a little on the small size. And then, I noticed that the silk is a bit heavier than the tweed, and now I am worried that the darker stitches will get lost as I knit up the mitt. Time will tell on that one, I suppose.


3. I am still on Perambulate. I knit a row here, and then there. I want to finish these up, but I lost my gusto when the second sock wasn't striping quite the way the first one did. This is a bit of a drag, and I am a bit nudged with myself for not being able to rise above it.


Not far behind are: Jack (half if it is knitted), Flair and Clementine, Along with mittens, mittens and a hat. And a shawl. And a sweater. And a throw.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Why does our knitting like to torment us like that?? I think it's just to let us know that it's the boss, not us. But Poppy is behaving now? I love the sleeve. And as for Amenoi . . . wow . . . just wow!!!! It's gorgeous!

I just e-mailed to let you know I've found some black Cotton Fleece. Just say the word, and I'll go buy it and mail it down!!

9/22/2007 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home