Sunday, February 19, 2006

I am not a Sock Knitter . . .

But since I just bought two balls of sock yarn (see acquisitions) and have bee perusing Opal Sock Yarn on the web, I guess I may want to be a sock knitter. On top of this, I joined the sock of the month kal, where you knit 1 pair of socks for each month from February--June. This is a mirror image of another situation in my life: I read Cooking light, and each recipe from cover to cover each month, but I can't cook a thing---I burn pizza bagels (yes, the frozen ones) in the oven; the break apart cookies (you know, break them apart, bake them, take them out and eat them) break apart as I transfer them from baking sheet to plate. Yes sir-ee, I am going to knit a pair of socks each month.

I continue to knit away on Lady E., noticing that the nifty little counter has changes from a calm, green to an anxiety producing yellow; undoubtedly it will turn panic-stricken red in a few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger chittavrtti said...

Oddly enough I found the counter reassuring. Because I thought the final time was Friday, but no there is Saturday too *whew* :) As to sock knitting it is very addictive ***CV

2/19/2006 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home