Friday, February 17, 2006

Acquisitions

It has been quite a week for yarn--as I already reported, my book buddy sent me two beautiful skeins of Manos (yumm!), and then a package from WEBs showed up on the doorstep with Noro Silk Garden (color 226)--11 skeins and Jaeger Chamonix in a twig color --8 skeins. This was my original Lady E and Valentine's Vest yarn. I received an email saying there would be trouble filling the order, and I was so obsessed with starting (AND finishing!) both of these projects, I went to my lys where Barbara saved the day! So, let me re-cap for you: I knitted the vest in cashmerino, and now have 8 balls of yarn for my stash; and I started Lady E. with slik garden in color 201 and now have 11 skeins of color 226.

And if that isn't enough, I purchased a skein of Trekking Sock Yarn in pinks, grays, greens and white, while waiting for a hand dyed skein of sock yarn from Brooklyn Handspun Yarns, in a colourway called Chocolate Covered Cherries. Oh, and I have 10 skeins of Noro, on order, from my lys, so that I can make this cute little shrug which I saw on the sheep in the city blogspot.

I would love to show you a photo of all this yarn, but my darling, who left on a 12 day trip to the Middle East, took the camera!!!

Ask me how my Olympic knitting is going--well, not that great since I am so busy acquiring all kinds of yarn for all kinds of projects!!! I am going to go and knit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home