Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Love February!

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday--it is all about candy hearts and loving everybody. You can do so many love-ly things to make the people you care about feel adored. Everything's red and pink . . . and I love all the xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo. February is also Knit like You Have Nothing Else to Do month:
I want to continue to work on the Color on Color Scarf, as I am beginning section 17. I had hoped to have this completed by the 16th, so I could wear it when I took Azizam to the airport, but based on the trillion i-cords which still have yet to be knitted, I don't think that will be happening anytime soon!
Goal: Finish up all the i-cords (yikes!).
I am almost finished with The Simple Yet Effective Shawl, which I am doing in Brown Sheep Bulky and adding little lines of ruffles throughout.
Goal: finish and bind off and block by the end of the weekend.
I cast on and knitted the button band on my Valentine's Vest, which is really the Knitty Petrol Pattern. I've changed it a bit: added a button band (2 x 2), deleted the big stripe around the chest, and knitting it in a cashmere blend, even though I love manos (which would be to itchy for the man).
Goal: finish and block by the 9th.
The Knitting Olympics = Lady Eleanor: need I say more?! After the Olympics, if Sushpi and I have any energy left, and while we are both basking in our gold medal status, we are going to knit the Nicky Floral Purse . . . finally!
And so the month begins!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love your ambition! You go knitter girl! :)

2/01/2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home