Sunday, April 30, 2006

In which the shrug needs to be re-sized . . .

It was a beautiful weekend--it really was. I finished the streakers, shrug, the 4th skein arrived in the mail, right on schedule, and I started the fabulous slightly laced cuff. I decided to "gently block" and wrap it around me, all the while thinking how yummy I would look at the soccer games in this cute sweater.

Well, I didn't get to wear it to any soccer games . . . it is being frogged--very carefully, and painfully slowly. I thought I was so clever, mixing and matching the sizing increases--that'll teach me. If I wanted snug shrug, this would have worked just fine; but you see, I want a shrug that fits like the one in the photo. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppp.

PS: the ribbing needs to be detangled 1 stitch at a time---at this moment, I have only frogged 1/2 of the first ribbing. I am in shrug hell.

happy children on vacation, which has absolutely nothing to do with my knitting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh no!!!! So sorry to hear about the shrug. :( Remember my motto when things go really wrong - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Love the picture of the cute kids on vacation - there's something to cheer you up when you in the frog pond!!

5/01/2006 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home