Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well . . .


it seems as if I am knitting a little of this (streakers is almost finished), and a little of that(flower b = 5th repeat, and not finishing any one thing(green gables . . . well, I'm still working on the sleeves!). Except the little baby hat above. A co-worker is having a baby (girl) and there is a little shower for her tomorrow. So I whipped this up, using some leftover Trekking, and I was also going to make little socks, but time (and, I admit energy) got the best of me. This person is a new knitter, and is smitten with the Pumpkin Hat pattern, so I think I am going to go to my lys, pick up the pattern, the yarn and the needles and wrap it up with the little hat as her shower gift.

Oh, that skein next to the hat? Trekking, color 130--purples, greens, yellows: looked like summer to me. Yes, it is a new purchase. No, I don’t know what I am going to use it for yet. DId I need it? Well, my sock stash seemed to think so!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fruit hat addict! I make them all the time the are the perfect baby gift. It is a flexible pattern that works with many yarn combos (my fave is a blueberry right now!)

It is also a great pattern to introduce people to knitting in the round, because it is *almost* a guaranteed home run.

Cute work! Keep it up!

5/31/2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your co-worker will love that gift!! I thought the hat alone was a great present, but pattern, needles and yarn is a great touch for a new knitter. What a great idea to use self-striping (self-patterning?) yarn on the hat - I wouldn't have thought of it!!

6/01/2006 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home