Monday, May 22, 2006

The Mesh Market Bag Saga

I thought it would be simple--hmmmm: I think I’ll make a mesh market bag (I won't have to worry about how it fits, and I'll have instant gratification!!); I bet peaches ‘n cream would be cheap and great (Mason-Dixon Knitters love this stuff--why don't I just jump on it, too!)!!! I think I’ll try to find a free pattern (maybe I’ll go on the Knitty Board and ask those resourceful knitters!)
.
Whooo--I received some leads on patterns, and also some advice on yarns to use (and not to use). Seems to be that sugar ‘n cream doesn’t seem to be the yarn that others would favor--Euroflaz ($18 a skein) and linen, along with nylon, seem to be the yarns of choice.
While I am sure I’ll live to regret it, I am going to go ahead and try it anyway, throwing caution to the wind!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Look at you - walking on the wild side!!! I agree, it's better to try it the way you want to. Otherwise, it wouldn't be as much fun . . . it wouldn't be "your" project. And I bet it will work out great!

5/22/2006 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a great bag using the pattern from frugal knitting house and rowan handknit cotton. I love it.

5/23/2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home