Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sitcom Chic . . . oh really?

I am feeling a meltdown coming. It seems that lately, I can't knit anything without trauma and drama (socks? shrug?)--I was so tickled with myself to finish sitcom chic in time to wear for Mother's Day today. Does it fit? Seems to, that's the good news. The bad news: the neck stitches are doing something wonky, the front is curling, and some of my stitches look a little funny. I gave it a bath, thinking that would help: hmmmmmm: not feeling it. It is almost as if the yarn (Brown Sheep Cotton, love it) needs to be heartier or denser than it is. Maybe I should have gone down a needle size (I knitted on an 8, to get gauge for the pattern). . . what am I going to do with the collar (I think I picked up too many stitches)? It is wet now, but maybe when it dries I'll riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. Thinking of it makes me want to cry.
Mother's Day Rule: Don't even think of making anything for yourself . . . it is bad, bad karma. Happy Mother's Day to everyone who mothers: in any and all ways! xoxo

The eyelet and shoulder seams are nice, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home