Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Think Pink!

We are off to the Pink Martini Concert tomorrow evening, and I have had a little “think pink” thing going on at my house . . . I have been desperate to finish my pink clapotis to wear to the concert!

Let me say, I don’t have any idea what took me so long to decide to knit this, but I am so glad I did! I don’t have anything to say that hasn’t been said before, but I’ll say it again: the design is ingenious, and the end product is so lovely!

At the beginning of this project, I could not wrap my head around how this was all going to work, but blind faith (and the knowledge that everyone else’s was so wildly successful) allowed me to knit-on!
Good News: I love this thing!
Bad News: it won’t be finished to wear tomorrow. . . rats!





3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I love it - it's coming out so great!!! And how big of an idiot am I?? I asked if the concert was tonight - never once making the connection that the concert was exactly what you were trying to finish Clapotis for!! Duh, sometimes I scare myself. Anyway, I'm sorry it won't be done in time. But I know you will get a ton of use out of it anyway. Now I want to knit one!!!!

9/20/2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Your Clap is beautiful! What yarn are you using, it's lovely!

9/20/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Hope you have fun at the concert tonight! Your Clapotis is beautiful. I loved knitting mine and immediately wanted to start another (but, alas, it has slipped to the bottom of the To Do list).
I'm interested in hearing how you like Devil in the White City. I checked it out of the library last month and didn't get around to reading it before it was due back. So, I'm gonna have to give that one another go sometime.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really enjoy reading yours. *Nice socks for Chrissy, by the way. :)

9/20/2006 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home