Thursday, August 31, 2006

Let's Wrap this Summer Up!

I am so ready for the fall. Summer has been fun--I worked on a variety of knitting projects, read some wonderful books, joined some great KALs and swaps--it has been terrific. But I am ready for fall! The first summer activity to wrap-up (ending today!) is the Summer Reading Challenge: My goal was to read 25 books this summer; I ended up reading 19 fabulous books! Amanda was awesome to host this for us, and I loved perusing other’s reading lists! My Summer Reads included:
  1. The Color Purple,
  2. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress,
  3. 44 Scotland Street,
  4. Criss Cross,
  5. Water for Elephants,
  6. Our Town,
  7. Birds of a Feather,
  8. Wuthering Heights,
  9. A Passage to India,
  10. Lolita,
  11. Pride and Prejudice,
  12. Heat,
  13. The Secret Garden,
  14. The God of Small Things,
  15. Olive’s Ocean,
  16. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan,
  17. The Memory Keeper’s Daughter,
  18. Scoop, and
  19. Pardonable Lies.
I am a better reader, and person, for reading these selections!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home