Friday, September 08, 2006

M is for Mystery, Money and a Marvelous idea!

Okay, I decided what to do. I have been noodling around on what pattern to knit for the Mystery Sock KAL, and now I know. I am part of Chrissy’s clan of test knitters, and she had a pattern for testing, without a photo. On top of this, it involves cables, which, can you imagine, I have never even worked?!?!! So, this cashmerino (well, some of it) will become a pair of mystery socks--


But here’s another twist--Chrissy has named these socks "Karen's Sugar-Free Diabetes Walk Socks", and for $5 a copy, you can purchase the pattern (it does include a photo!!) with all the proceeds from the sales going towards Karen's pledge drive. Marvelous, huh? Hurry, and get it because the sale ends the day of the walk, October 15th. Doing this will allow you to make a marvelous contribution, and knit a marvelous pair of socks!

I am going to be using the test pattern, without the photo (I promise!)--and when I am finished (my intention being before Karen’s walk!) I am then going to purchase the pattern--this way, I can knit my mystery socks, using a pattern by a wonderful designer, named for a fabulous friend, while making a donation to diabetes research! I love marvelous ideas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

:) You are the best. I love ya!!

9/08/2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home