Monday, September 11, 2006

This was my weekend . . .

Well, not my entire weekend--I did manage to fit in some time to do laundery, clean the house, watch a soccer game (they won, he scored!), go to the grocery store (twice), sleep, eat and have several meaningful conversations with people I live with!!!

Let’s start at the top, and work our way down, shall we? I started Devil in the White City, and also cast on for Karen’s Sugar-Free Socks. I got as far as the cuff (I would have gotten much further if I was a monogomous knitter!), adding a purple stripe (not in the pattern!)--I love the contrast of these two colors. The baby cashmerino is so incredibly soft! I figured I better start these, as the pattern, with a photo, is appearing in lots of places! Quick, go and order one, but don’t show me a photo!

Next on the pile--ummmmm, yes, that’s right I cast-on for clapotis. I feel like I am the only living knitter left who hasn’t made this thing. I am still on the increase section (it goes on forever!) and the yarn is knitting up like pink with camouflage!


Last, 2 sleeves finished for sitcom chic--I am still finishing the body of the sweater, but I banged the sleeves out so that when 14” of the cardi are finished, I can immediately, and I mean immediately, attach the sleeves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow, look at all that knitting!! My kind of weekend. LOL I love the stripe on your socks - that's how a stripe should be done. Unfortunately, that's now how I did my stripe - which is why I had to frog the whole darn thing. Claptis is going to be so pretty when it's done. And you really flew on those sleeves. That the Cotton-Ease from Smileys, right? I can't wait to see the whole sweater!

9/12/2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You can knit and read at the same time? Wow! You are seriously talented!! And you're not the only one without a Clap. (You can't see, but I'm raising my hand.)

9/12/2006 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, no Clap here. I've got the yarn and everything, but it's been waiting for me to dye it for over a year now!

I love the stripe you added to Karen's Sugar Free Socks.

9/13/2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home