Monday, January 08, 2007

Get Ready

I joined Runagogo, in an effort to get moving and support a more healthy lifestyle. While I am not going to run 100 miles (at least not yet!), I am going to walk them, with my trusty little pedometer clipped to my hip. Today was day 1 and at 7,000 steps, I need to step up the stride! Too bad I can’t knit and walk or run at the same time.


2,000 steps equal 1 mile.
100 miles by April 1st.
3.5 miles today.

And in knitting news, I have taken the plunge, and decided to knit Poppy in February. I joined the Poppy Along that Scout so nicely set-up (it is true, I am a scout-groupie). Here's the thing: I have had the Noro Silk Garden in my stash since last February, when I ordered 10 skeins EACH of 2 different colors for Lady Eleanor and the Knitting Olympics (can you believe that was a year ago!?). SO colourway 226 is awaiting, and I bought the book a couple of months ago, so all I really need is the Cash Ihoro, and it is a toss-up between burgundy or wine.


I have loved this sweater since the first time I saw it. I am hoping I can whip it up to wear sometime before February is over!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 3.5 miles today. You are going to have your 100 done before we even hit March!! Go you!!! Do you need me to put the Poppy button in your sidebar? :) It was meant to be - I know you've been eying the pattern and you've got most of the yarn in your stash. Perfect!!

1/08/2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

You just have good taste!!!

I think I'm going with 243....with a lilac bottom!

1/08/2007 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home