Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Whew!

All the Christmas presents were a hit--especially the sock-blocker keychains. Both kids loved their specially-dyed yarn and personalized notes from Scout (thank you so much, Scout!). The Go Eagles! socks were finished (no photo: he left them in the car . . . don't ask!), but the Blue Java socks . . . well that's a bit of a story!


If you recall, I was so excited about using the Spindle Sock pattern, and finished 1 sock. Before I cast on for the 2nd, I looked at how busy the cables + the varigated yarn was and I loved the way the yarn looked for the heel in stockinette. Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I wrapped the spindle sock and cast-on for the Anastasia Sock Pattern. We had a good laugh when she opened up the box with 1 sock!

One of my favorite gifts was this "knitting chair."


I always tease that I want to make our study the knitting room; I didn't get the room, but I am getting closer: I got a chair!!! Ikea's very comfy, simple, slightly reclining chair is perfect.

Then there were the ski goggles and helmets (and jackets, and, and, and!!!!) . . .








We had a terrific day, but I am ready for my knitting chair! And just in time, this month's swag found itself on my chair: a skein named Glampyre, a pattern written by Glampyre and these adorable Good to be Girl snowman stitch makers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your knitting chair - it looks so comfy. Hope you've been getting a lot of use out of it already. What is the verdict on the Blue Java socks?? Spindle, or frog and do stockinette? The kids look great in their new goggles. :)

12/27/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Glad to be a part of your holiday celebration!

12/27/2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home