Monday, January 29, 2007

It was a fit . . . of passion~

Saturday morning, I had a knitting fit: the kind where all of my knitting attention deficit comes to the surface, and I can't get a grip. It started with blocking my square for the square-along, and from there it went to ordering the silk ihora (colourway---charcoal!) for Poppy, and then it moved to Scout's glampyre yarn and not being able to figure out the accompanying sock pattern, and then . . . everything came out of my knitting bag(s), and basket(s) and I launched into a complete--WHAT SHOULD I KNIT fit. Now never mind I have one more sawtooth mitten to do, never mind I could quickly finish up bejeweled, don't think about the knitted + felted fortune cookies (5 of them) that I am planning to knit for Valentine's Day, and good grief, I couldn't even begin to think about the bamboo sock screaming--"finish me, you'll be so happy you did!" Mmmm-no. I cast-on for two new projects.



First I went for the quick fix: Fetching in manos colourway #106. But since it wasn't just a quickie I was looking for, I cast-on for Heartland's Fanning the Flames Mittens.

This is a photo from the Heartland website, just in case you
think I finished this entire mitten in the last 48 hours.

I am using the chocolate covered cherries sock yarn, and this definitely doesn't qualify as a quick knit. I am on fan 4, and their are 14 fans for 1 mitten--yeesh! Photos to come, when it looks a little bit more like a mitt!

PS: finished The Woman in White--finally--and loved it! It was so worth the effort.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Did you get my email about the pattern?

1/29/2007 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny!!! I love the Fetchings, and I can imagine just how pretty your mittens are going to be. But yargh, 14 fans??? Wow, that's quite a mitten project.

1/29/2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Those mittens are incredible! Can't wait to see them knit up. :)

1/29/2007 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home