Friday, June 29, 2007

I love a good Mystery


I downloaded clue #1 first thing Friday morning, and looked over it, but couldn't start until much later in the day (while I would love to sit all day and knit, there are other things going on in my life). The pattern is fabulous/beautifully charted. I was ready with my yarn, needles, and beads, but needed to make a quick run to AC Moore for a crochet needle. I breezed right through the first 50 rows, only having to redo 2 rows (at row 41, my husband came home from work . . . and that's where the breakdown occurred!)--now for the 2nd 50 rows.

While Melanie used zephyr with a size 4, I dropped down to a size 3. I like the firmer look of the stitches on the smaller size. And I wasn't sure about the beading---but now that I see it, I wish there were even MORE beads!!!! It looks terrific. And I am loving the "add the bead with a crochet hook" technique . . . so tricky!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous!!!! I'm so impressed that you cranked it out so quickly. And that you can knit with beads. Wow, you are awesome!

7/02/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

I wish I knew how to do that. Gorgeous.

You've won two bookmarks in the Chunkster Challenge drawing, Missyjoon. Would you please send me your snail address, here:

nancytoes @ bellsouth dot net

(without the spaces, of course)

Congratulations and thanks for joining in on the challenge!

7/09/2007 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home