Monday, December 12, 2005

Ballet Shrug


My daughter is a dancer, and as she was getting ready for class tonight, I remembered that it was a year ago I made her this shrug. This is the first pattern I created myself, after looking at various shrupg patterns. I used Pattons Allure (curly yarn) and Divine Fuzzy yarn). The pattern is based on 19.5 inch arm length + 14 inches across the back. Adjustments can be easily made for a smaller or larger shrug~
Cuff: On size 10 needles . . . cast on 22, and K1, P1 for 2 inches. The cuff will be approximately 7.5 inches wide.
First Sleeve: Change to size 13 needles, and with both yarns, knit for a total length of 16 inches, not including cuff. Mark end of sleeve with a pin.
Back: Increase 1 stitch each side next row; Purl 1 row; increase 1 stitch each side; knit until back measures desired length, in this case 15 inches. Mark with a a pin.
Other Sleeve: Decrease 1 stitch each side next row; Purl; Decrease 1 stitch each side, and knit until sleeve measures same length as first.
2nd Cuff: Change to size 10 needles and K1, P1 for 2 inches. Cast off, and sew sleeves to pin markers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home