Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Noro Scarf


Joining the Who Wouldn’t Want a Knitted Gift KAL has had many benefits: it has kept my holiday gift knitting on track (sort of) and it has also given me many ideas for gifts! I had some Noro in my stash (I actually am starting to worry about my depleting stash!!!) so I thought I would start the Magic Scarf. The pattern provides for making 10 row blocks of stockinette/reverse stockinette, so it appears like a checkerboard. Noro is perfect for this pattern: Cast on 26 stitches/size 8 needles and knit 3 rows of garter stitch. I maintained a 3 stitch border at the beginning and end of teach row. And then: Knit 5 stitches; Purl 5; Knit 5; Purl 5. Repeat for ten rows. On row 11, begin the row with PURL 5; then knit 5; purl 5; knit 5. Repeat for ten rows. Go back to knit 5, purl 5. Knit 5, purl 5 for ten rows. Repeat for the length of the scarf, finishing with 3 rows of garter stitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home