Saturday, March 18, 2006

May I lodge a complaint . . .

About MYSELF????
Let's talk about the Sunrise Circle Jacket . . . After frogging the back several times, I finally finished the collar, and attempted to bind off in a 3 needle technique to avoid the seaming, as I did ever so successfully at the bottom of the back. I kept checking my progress on the right side, and was quite pleased with myself (always a sign of ill things to come!) . . . When I finished, to my horror the seam wasn't straight. Hmmmmmmm: rip it out, and attempt it more carefully--well, let's just say that removing the bind-off isn't quite as easy as you may imagine: yarn frays and breaks, yarn knots up, yarn doesn't let the stitches give away . . . you get the picutre.. I was so frustrated, I decided to put it down, and attempt it over the weekend, when I would (hopefully) have more patience.
I decided to cast-on for the sleeve--46 stitches as per the pattern. As I knitted, I thought about how wide it looked. Despite my rather endowed chest (the reason for making the size 41, along of course with my "curvey" hips--ugh), I am sort of small bones. The cuff at 48 seemed too big. Riiiiiiiiiiiiippppp: let's try 44 stitches. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip: 42 stitches, and re-write the increases on the pattern so that I end up with the right number of stitches for the circle part of the jacket. In between, haricuts for the kids, ballet and jazz class, roller hockey and entertaining our dear friends for the evening, I knitted, ripped and knitted this sleeve.

Can you believe I had thought I would be wearing this to a dinner party this week? Good Grief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ouch, that hurts!!! I'm so proud of you for fearlessly ripping and re-doing though. It will be so worth it in the end. :) Okay, maybe you won't be wearing it this weekend . . . but you will be wearing it soon!!!

3/21/2006 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home