Wednesday, March 29, 2006

yarn + needles + 1 hour (and a wee bit more) =

Immediate knitting gratification and a check-off on the to-do list!

I whipped these booties up in no time flat, using a sample mini-skein which Flying Fingers sent to me with my Karabella Yarn order. The yarn is Roxanne'’s Mohair from Hopyard Spinnery. I am not sure of the colourway, but let's just say it, reminds me of Monet. The pattern was the combination of a few patterns I looked at.
Monet Mohair Booties
gauge = 4 stitches/6 rows per inch, on size 5 needles.
to knit . . .
Cast on 15 stitches. Row 1: K7, pm, K1, pm k7.
Row 2: K1, M1, K to m, M1, slip m, K1, slip m, M1, K to last stitch, M1, K1 (19 stitches)
Rows 3 & 4: repeat row 2 (27 stitches)
Rows 5-8: Remove markers, work in garter stitch
Row 9: K10, K2tog, pm, K3, pm, K2tog, K10 (25 stitches)
Row 10: K to 2 stitches before the marker, K2tog, sm, K3, sm, K2tog, K to the end (23 stitches)
Row 11: Knit
Repeat rows 10 & 11 4 more times (15 stitches). Then, work in K1P1 ribbing for 2 inches. Bind off loosely in ribbing pattern.
to finish . . .
With yarn, sew the back and foot seam. Soak booties in cool water, with a bit of shampoo with hair conditioner (it will make the yarn really soft), rinse and pat dry. Stuff each bootie with small bits of plastic grocery bags for shaping. When dry, sew a ribbon, or another knid of doo-dad in top of the booties!
ps: I think that I have had enough of a break from the Sunrise Circle Jacket. –Casting on for the right sleeve sometime before the end of the weekend . . . I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home