Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Shrug

After a start, a frog, a re-order, a re-start, with a re-size I finally finished IK’s Streakers Shrug!

(I snapped a photo of the cuffs, and then my camera konked out, so you don't get to see the whole shrug today!)
Pattern: Interweave Knits summer '06, Streakers Shrug
Yarn: Malibrigo in Watergreen, 4 skeins
Needles: Addi 10s and 10.5s
Notes: With all of my troubles behind me, I still say, I love the yarn, the pattern was easy, the cuffs are beautiful, but the sizing was difficult to determine. I think this shrug is so lovely in the original Streakers Yarn, but the Malibrigo is a really fabulous and (economical) substitiution! It was a very easy knit, once I hammered out my issues! The only changes: I knitted the sleeve width 11" (not 12"), and thelace cuff = 5" (not 6).

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Darn that camera - I want to see the rest!!!! I know, stop whining. It looks beautiful!! Certainly worth all the trouble it gave you.

6/04/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger hootsister said...

Me too me too! The sneak preview looks great, It just such a tease. I'm so glad you love it because I am plagued by my usual mid-project self doubt.

6/04/2006 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home