Thursday, August 17, 2006

All in a day

Yesterday, I shuttled everyone where they needed/wanted/had to be, first thing in the morning, and then found myself with some time to visit the lys! She had so many lovely new sock yarns, however I resisted temptation, on the basis that next Saturday I will fill in for someone who can't work, and can take my day's salary in yarn--whooo-hooo!
Next stop was Barnes and Noble where all the classics were 50% off, so I picked up the Knit the Classics' October selection, Gulliver's Travels. Like yarn purchases, I can never leave the store with just one, so I also purchased Snow Flower and the Secret Fan as well as The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I started Snow Flower last night, and it is wonderful!

I did happen to get a bit of knitting in--

The thing I love about knitting this particular pattern, as well as many of Bonnie’s others, is that there is minimal, if any finishing, to be done! I take great comfort in knowing that all this stockinette results in the back + both fronts, with no seaming to do at the end!
Ahhh . . . sometimes that is a welcomed relief!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

My bane is Borders. Sometimes I think I should just have my paycheck direct deposited there.

8/18/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home