Sunday, August 06, 2006

Pink is for . . . Pirates!

I adore skull and crossbones knitted into things . . . if you met me, you would say, "She's not the skull n'crossbones kind" but, you'd be wrong!

I used the skull pattern from Moth Heaven (she knit these skulls on argyle socks!!!!) and I used Allison's (over at the Blue Blog) sock pattern to create a skull not-sock: the footie doesn't peak out of your sneaker, and the skull doesn't show his face, er, bones until the shoe comes off! The yarn is Baby Ull DaleGarn from Dale of Norway in a chocolate-y brown and hot pink. After I finish pink pirate #2, there will be black ones with lime green skulls, for my son!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent! What a great little project, with infinite color combos.

8/06/2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh how very cool!!!!

8/07/2006 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home