Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Those darn peppers!


Lucy Neatby's Hot Tamale Socks (known to me as "the red hot chile peppers") is your basic run-of-the-mill sock pattern, with cute little leaves and chile peppers knitted cleverly around the top of the sock as a cuff. Imagine size 1 double points, yarnovers and i-cords on 3 stitches along with changing colors and stuffing the little tops of the peppers with yarn . . . these two peppers and leaves took me the entire evening and i was exhausted! By my calculations I have seven more pairs of peppers and leaves to go for the first sock. I may be finished with this pair by NEXT summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh but they are so very cute!!! I predict that with each set of peppers and leaves, your speed will increase. You'll be done before you know it. :)

8/09/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Falstaff said...

I love Lucy's patterns.

8/18/2006 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home