Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tell me your secrets

I have been surrounded by secrets, and I must divulge:
  1. I finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan . . . what a wonderful book; if you haven't read it, go now and pick it up!
  2. I am just about finished with the Secret Garden . . . my daughter read it earlier this summer, and I promised her I would, too. I am so glad I did!
  3. I am finished with both sleeves and have started the picot edging on my darling clementine cardigan . . . this might just get finished within the week. So what's the secret here? Well, other than the fact that I have finally finished the sleeves, nothing really!
  4. I have a secret weapon . . . my new glasses--what a difference a new prescription makes when you are knitting and reading!
  5. I was awake at 4:00 am and decided to bake the cookies for the tennis picnic my kids are going to later this afternoon . . . shhhhhh--no one knows I am awake!
  6. I think I will begin The Mystery Keeper's Daughter . . . this story is based around a secret.
  7. I am going to finish my summer sock pal's secret sock this week. And some time soon, the jig's going to be up, and Chrissy's going to send me my summer sock!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for sharing all your secret. I promise not to tell. :)

8/20/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Cookies?! yumyumyumyum!

8/21/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I read Snow Flower and blogged about it - it's one of the most amazing books, isn't it? Don't you wish we still had a secret language, with beautiful metaphors and calligraphy replacing the starkness of today?

http://teareads.blogspot.com

8/23/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home