Thursday, July 27, 2006

On the go . . .

I never leave the house without two things--my knitting and the current book I am reading. I have been known (more times than I want to admit) to leave the house without my wallet, without towels for the pool, without my Barnes and Noble Preferred Customer Card, but rarely without the needles, the yarn, the book.
Tuesday, I spent all afternoon in two different physician’s offices: and I knitted a few rounds of the sock. Yesterday, I shuttled my kids to Apple Camp--a morning workshop on how to use Garage Band and itunes--they loved it, I knitted. I could have prowled the lovely King of Prussia Mall, visiting all my friends at Neiman Marcus, Lilly Pulitzer, Pottery Barn and JCrew, but I promised the kids we would do that together, after the workshop. So I had my Starbucks Coffee, my sock and I knitted amongst all the Mac Geniuses!

In both instance, I was tempted to drag along the ice pop cardi--but I didn’t, thinking: hmmm, it won’t be that much knitting time, I’ll just bring along something little. I know this isn’t a profound notion, but it is amazing how much you can accomplish with a few minutes here, and another couple of minutes there.

Perhaps I should pack a car bag of knitting and reading, and just have that as the “on the go” project. That way, it is always in the car, and I don’t have to worry about packing anything up before we leave . . . maybe if the knitting is already in the car, I won’t forget my wallet. I may be on to something for myself, but then again, I don’t know if I can just leave the project in the car: I might have to bring it in, look at it, knit on it some more . . .

ps: I also never leave the house without kissing everybody who is staying at the house (instead of coming along with me) good-bye. Even if I am going to the grocery store, I love eveybody up, drag my knitting my book, and go. Then I return for my wallet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Funny - my kids went to Apple camp this week too - but in a different state. :)

7/27/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

So cute!!!! Maybe you should start keeping your wallet in your knitting bag? They you'd always have it!! LOL

7/28/2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home