Sunday, September 24, 2006

Clap-atrospy

I forgot to tell you how wonderful the Pink Martini Concert was--fabulous! The only disappointment was not wearing my clapotis! However, I figured I'd wear it out to brunch this morning, looking all french and lovely with this wrapped around me in a care-less, but secretly careful, way.

Well . . . lookie, lookie: it's still on the needles, and it is going to stay on the needles, until I figure out what to do. With only a bit more to do (some more decreases), I ran out of yarn. Yes, that's right, the little tail in the photo: that's it. I'll spare you the ranting and raving, and how disappointed I am, and how I can't figure out what happened, because I had 660 yards of this yarn, which should have been plenty, with some left over (get this, at one point early on, I thought about making this thing longer!!!!), and I was wondering what to do with the left over yarn. ugh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I ran out of yarn in the exact same spot. Eventually I had to back order some and it wasn't quite the same shade. Grrr. Clapotis is a notorious yarn eater - no matter how much you have it's never quite enough.

9/24/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ooooh Noooooo!!! It's so pretty too - I hope you can get some more yarn that matches. And you want ME to knit this thing too? I can't decide if you're being nice because it's so pretty, or trying to torture me!! LOL Maybe I'll put yarn for one on my Rhinebeck shopping list. But how many yards should I get???

Big hugs and happy thoughts to you!

PS: I lost all my $$$ - but if I did have a Sock Yarn Store I would hire you immediately. And I've only finished one sock, not four pairs. :( Yeah, you don't want to be me this weekend.

9/24/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

It's clap-ostrophic! Even if it's not the exact same dyelot, can you get more of the colorway?

9/25/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, noooooo! How horrible. I will be sending you some good "yarn matching" vibes. . .

9/26/2006 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I would have feaked out! Ihvae yet to knit the Clapotis- I have been meaning to for, well, forever, but never gotten around to it. But I want to have a "careless, secretly careful" style too....

9/29/2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home