Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's all about socks

These fingerless gloves, knitted with sock yarn, are knitting-up so darn cute--the yarn colors are so fun! I frogged and re-started on smaller needles (now on a size 1); I am a little concerned about the wrist size being a bit too big. But on I knit!

And here’s how far I am on the Lobster Pot Sock. It is knitting up really nicely! These were frogged Sunday, because somehow I had too many stitches, which goofed up the cuff pattern (under normal, ribbed cuff circumstances, I would have just knit2tog and that would have taken care of everything!). Now it is just right!

Over the weekend, I finished Alias Grace (loved it!!!), a selection from Reading Matters. I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon this blog. I decided to swap the KTC’s October selection, Gulliver’s Travels, for November’s selction, Frankenstein. A bit more appropriate for the holiday season, I think.
RIP Challenge: 3/5

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

They are both so beautiful!! The gloves are going to look so cute with the stripes and ruffles - but bless your heart for knitting on size 1. I've never knit on needles smaller than 2 - although I do have size 1 on hand. I refuse to buy 0's though - I would never get a project done on those!!

10/04/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love the striping! Is that a metallic in the blue stripe?

I know it's a cliche, but "Frankenstein" the book is so much better than any of the movies!I like a good Poe to get in the Halloween mood. >:->

10/04/2006 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home