Friday, November 24, 2006

Let's get back to socks . . .

We knitted . . . we watched chick-flicks and knitted. She finished a pink newborn hat, and started a blue one (and finished it, and since started another pink one!), and I worked on Jawbreaker. And I worked it, and worked it. And finished it. And wove in a million ends, and blocked it. And blocked it. And blocked it. And the sides still rolled; and the collar--the whole fun of the cardi) still rolled. I starched it (yes, I did) and it still rolled. And then I re-pressed it, Then I thought to tack the collar down. So I sewed the collar down . . . ugh.


this sweater reminds me of my sewing project in 8th grade home ec. I had such high hopes. Great fabric, all the right stuff, tried really hard. Hated the outcome, and received a C on the project but wouldn't wear it so I got an F on wearability (seriously) so I received a D for the project, and a D for the quarter. Jawbreaker, I feel like I am 14 again.

Going back to socks . . . I have great yarn, and I can do a pretty good heel flap. And if they are ugly, they still end up in the drawer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ooooh nnnnnno!!! I can't believe the darn thing won't straighten out for you. Grrr. It does still look pretty though.

11/27/2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home