Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jaywalker Impaired

Not only am I one of the last living knitters who hasn’t whipped up a pair of Jaywalkers, but I just might happen to be the only person who can’t! After finishing up the lobster socks, and casting-off the first fingerless-glove, I was feeling mighty sock-empowered: two great finished objects and it was only Saturday night!


So, let’s cast-on for a Jaywalker. Well let’s just say (and it kills me to admit this), but I spent Sunday like this: cast-on, *knit, come up one stitch short on the pattern (at some point), frog, re-knit, see a dropped-stitch, tink back, realize the pattern is off, frog . . . . re-cast-on, because, you know, just staring the whole thing over will make it better, and repeat from *.

So, yesterday morning (yep, I was still repeating the process at 11:15 on Sunday night), I decided that it was time to call it quits on this pattern. (funny, but I tried this pattern last spring, with a beautiful skein of chocolate covered cherries, and I couldn’t do it then either!). So I have chosen a different pattern (Megan, if you’re reading this, don’t click the link!!), re-cast on and am praying for moderate, if not fabulous success. . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Don't feel bad, I haven't made knitted them either.

And for someone who was scared of socks last spring, I think you're doing pretty darned good.

susan

10/18/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You are too funny - I love the repeat from * thing. (However, I don't think I'll be trying that repeat!!) At some point we will both tackle Jaywalkers together (no, I have never tried them) and we will have success!! I love the fingerless mitt though - it's so cute!

10/18/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Nope - haven't knitted them either. I think it's areally cool pattern that I probably will knit sometime though.

10/18/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home